Members of the Good Shepherd family,
We hope that you are well and thanking God for His goodness to you. We want you to know that we continue to pray for you and your family during this time of re-opening and re-integration. May God continue to bless us all.
The decisions we have made to move forward were difficult ones. We are attempting to take everyone’s needs into account, and still move forward. This is not an easy process, since there seems to be no right or wrong answers to the questions we all have. Please continue to pray for us and for our church during this time.
It was decided that we would proceed with the following:
1. Worship will continue with one service at 9:00 am that will be both inside the Sanctuary and broadcast outside for those who would like that option. A portion of the parking lot will be reserved for those attending Drive-in Worship.
2. Seating for Worship in the Sanctuary will be in every other pew. We will ask that you seat yourselves, where you choose to sit, and observe as much social distancing as you feel comfortable with. Please take the needs of others into account as well. We will still ask that there be no physical greeting of others during the time you are inside the church building. Non-singing areas are established for those who do not feel comfortable being inside with singing. Please ask an Usher for direction.
3. If you have any other special needs or considerations, please contact the Office and we will try to accommodate your needs.
4. The Lord’s Supper is available at every Wednesday Evening Worship service during the Summer and we will be observing the Lord’s Supper using the normal schedule on Sunday mornings. If you have the need, and do not feel comfortable with these options, please contact Pastor during regular business hours and private Communion can be scheduled.
5. In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 20-81, we will ask everyone to please wear a face mask when inside the church until further notice. Masks are available for those who need one.
We are working hard for you! While no one seems to have all the answers to the questions that we have, we know that God has a plan for all of this. Please pray to our God and Father for help, and wisdom, during this time. As we open up our doors, and come back into the Sanctuary, it is imperative that you make good decisions for yourselves and your needs. Decisions on social distancing & singing or not singing are choices that each person will have to make for themselves, and there is no one who will tell you that your choices are the wrong ones for you. Please make good choices for you, and take the needs of others into consideration.
God continue to bless us all during these unprecedented times.
Jon Niebuhr, Pastor Ted Stroming, DCE Members of the Church Council